A River of Stories
This new collection of vibrant stories and poems themed around water evokes the sights and sounds of a diverse Commonwealth community. The book is gloriously illustrated with Jan Pieńkowski’s dramatic silhouettes and makes the perfect gift for both adults and children.
Each entry brings its own particular magic – whether describing the simple pleasures of the sound of the ocean or the sun on your face; recounting the cunning tricks of clever animals; or enchanting the reader with the exploits of Kings and Queens, Gods and Goddesses – together they provide an evocative picture, capturing the sights, sounds and flavours of a global community.
- A River of Stories recognises the 125th anniversary of the foundation of The Commonwealth Education Trust
- This wonderful book is a 160-page, full colour anthology of children's stories and poems from each of the 54 Commonwealth member states and is dedicated to the children of the Commonwealth
- The book is an excellent educational tool for children, capable of supporting the learning of multicultural awareness, imaginative and creative writing, the natural environment and geography
- The foreword to the collection is written by His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales
- Illustrated by Jan Pieńkowski, award-winning illustrator and author of children's books
Slipcased gift edition